Monday, February 10, 2014



This week has been really exciting but overwhelming at the same time. I have started my preparation for the pageant Queen of the Universe, where I will be representing my great grandparent’s country of Portugal. The pageant will take place on March 16th at the Saban Theater, in Beverley Hills, California. The pageant was started by Real Housewives Beverly Hills new star, Joyce Giraud. I am very excited to be a part of this pageant and see where this journey takes me.

By clicking on this link, you can check out my official contestant headshot, as well of some of the other contestants, who will also be competing for the title.


I’ve started my preparation by attending crossfit classes 4 to 5 times a week at Shield Crossfit of Covina. I am also looking to improve and hopefully in the near future enter into a competition with my husband.


This week, I also finally took my cosmetology practical exam in the city of Glendale and successfully passed. I started cosmetology school when I was 16 years old as an apprentice and never got around to taking my state board exam, so I was excited to finally finish and become certified.

I also got around to finally completing my reel, and I am super excited to share the final edited version with all of you. As some of you know, I attended Azusa Pacific University where I graduated with my BA in Broadcast Journalism. I aspire to one day become a legal correspondent for a large news network.


No comments:

Post a Comment