Sunday, December 9, 2012

Getting started



 Miss San Gabriel Valley wins Miss California Latina

My first walk 
So this is my first official blog post for Miss California Latina!  I want to start off by saying that I had the best time competing in this pageant.  I've been competing in pageants for several years now, and too often, I find that every girl just has an "in it to win it" demeanor.  Miss Latina was very refreshing because the girls I met were very open and warm, and we kind of shared a camaraderie that was missing in other organizations.
opening number
I can honestly say that I left the pageant with some new friends, and that means far more to me than any title.  So for anyone reading this, I want to encourage you to support this organization, as it really is something special and unique.
bonded with them all <3


Don't upset a Boxer 
This past weekend, I attended my first official event as the Miss California Latina representative.  I woke up (too early), and traveled with my family from the sullen gray skies of a cold morning in Glendora to the sunny beaches of Santa Monica.  The event focused upon handing out gifts to less fortunate children.  I'm not a sappy person, but seeing the expression on a child's face when they receive an unexpected gift is second to virtually nothing.  The children were so sweet, and I had to try and hold back tears a couple of times.


My sister queen (Teen) Isabel and I eating our snow man cookies. 
Me posing with one of my favorite boxers Victor Ortiz 
My sister queen - Miss Teen Latina - attended the event as well.  We spent some time catching up since the pageant, and I was very impressed by her dedication to the cause and intelligence.  She is extremely mature for her age and will set a great example for other teens.















To my great surprise we had a true celebrity in the house - as the great mexican boxer Victor Ortiz, turned out to be in attendance at well. Victor was really sweet, and the kids eyes lit up when they saw him.

Me posing with the Ochoa Brother

 I also met the Ochoa Brothers - Disney channel stars from the hit show, "Pairs of Kings".  So amazing to see a whole family with so much acting talent!














Last, but certainly not least, Santa Claus graced us with his presence.  He has a pretty hefty schedule this time of year, so it meant a lot for the kids to have a few moments with the big fella!  All in all, everyone seemed to have a great time, and there is nothing more rewarding than working with children.

Thank you Chris Garcia for motivating me to follow my Max21 Diet and get swimsuit ready
Also thank you to Phily Q swimwear and Shiek Shoes for sponsoring us for the pageant.
Before I sign out I need to send out a few thanks to some people who have helped me with this big transition in my life.  Chris Garcia - my fantastic personal trainer at Pure Living Fitness in Glendora.

San Gabriel Valley Examiner


 I want to thank the Glendora Community News and the San Gabriel Valley Examiner for covering stories about me following the pageant.


 I also want to thank Univision's Premier Impacto for their amazing coverage of the pageant (and for lending us their host for the night).  Their coverage, as always, was top notch and thoroughly professional.




No comments:

Post a Comment